One lovely blog award- an opportunity to meet new talented and creative people and share a little about yourself.
Susie kindly awarded this to me and I was happy to oblige – there are so many talented quilters around the world and how could we ever know them all?
So I am happy to introduce three talented quilters to you, one from Czech Republic and the other two from Russia. The pictures on their blogs speak for themselves but if you want to learn more about them, please use Google Translate- they write on their blogs in their native language.
I admire her free motion quilting skills, sense of color and simple designs. Looking at her work makes me happy.
Her trapunto and shadow trapunto quilts are outstanding- I could spend hours on her blog.
Her quilted bags are more than just bags! You will want to see more and more…
I hope you will visit these talented ladies!
Now, on to the sharing part! Some things you might not know about me!
1. I started working when I was 19 years old. For 6 years I worked and went to the University at the same time. At the time, Brasov was an industrial city and there were only technical universities. My mother did not have enough money to send me to study in another city something that I would have loved (history!), so I studied engineering (studying English wasn’t never on my list, as you can see!)! I think the most important thing that I learned in those years was to learn by myself. Most of what I learned I have never used. Still, those years were the most important years of my life – I met my future husband, we were colleagues!
2. I work alone, at home, surrounded only by my family, since 1998- that’s almost 18 years! Sometimes I miss to dress pretty and go to work! I don’t miss to have a boss though!
3. For 40 years I had a terrible fear of any kind of animal! No one could have convinced me to touch even an one day puppy! Then one of my sisters wanted a kitty and I had to learn to accept it. Now I have in the house 4 cats and every morning I feed and take care of 4 dogs! Big dogs!!
|Out first kitten, Pepe. He is now six years old.
Yes, he scared me to death!
4. I don’t have a smart phone, laptop, tablet; if there is something I need for my
business, I buy it. I am much interested in spending money on fabric than on gadgets. Actually, I
hardly spend money on anything else than fabric and quilting supplies!
And if I have to choose between a pretty pair of shoes and a few good
thread spools, I would choose the thread- without hesitation (yes, you already know how important it is the thread we use for quilting!).
5. I ADORE Mylene Farmer, a French singer. I visited Paris three times and saw her in 6 concerts. Last time (in 2013) I went to the same concert three times. You might think I am a little crazy? Not at all, there are fans that travel with their idols around the world!
6. I LOVE reading about other people’s success, how they started their
successful business from scratch, with no money, only with ideas and hard
work. I love reading motivational books and I love motivational quotes.
7. I love to study web design and marketing! I am designing a new website for my blog and shop. For now, I am just learning, and I am fascinated by the endless information you find on Internet (that keeps me away from quilting lately!).
8. I have one dream: to have a long, green, lace dress! Maybe for the 25 year anniversary of our marriage (3 years from now)! I saw the pattern in a very old Burda magazine.
Thank you, Susie, this was a nice break from my usual schedule. And I hope you enjoy the wonderful work of our fellow quilters.