Here is my new quilt, made with Kona cotton.
|40” x 40”|
After I quilted feathers on hexagons I wanted to see how the feathers look quilted on squares.
It was easy to fill the space with feathers.
The back – more texture than color – I would have loved the quilting to be more visible. Next time I will have to experiment quilting with thick thread.
And here are a few pictures from the piecing stage.
The top was stitched by hand with English paper piecing technique.
There were a few challenges along the way.
I learned a few things, like accuracy is very important; I have the tendency to think that if you stitch by hand, it is easier to match many seams in the same point but it is not true 🙁
I attached the colored sphere onto the background by machine.
The design is not new; I made it a few years ago on a miniature quilt; only the technique was different. The older quilt was made with raw edge applique and trapunto.