Modern Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt Pattern
– an English paper pieced design for an optical illusion 3D quilt –
FLOWER BALL quilt pattern includes:
- list of fabric requirements;
- instruction for preparing the pattern and the templates;
- cutting instructions;
- instructions for assembling the flower sphere;
- full size pattern for a 30” flower sphere.
- small pattern (on a single page) that can be enlarged to any size;
- small pattern that you can use to experiment with different color ways.
- 12 pages; 34 pictures; the measurements are given in inches.
Quilt size: 38” x 38” (96 x 96 cm)
The fabrics used for this quilt are from the “Fusions 5573” line by Robert Kaufman.
This quilt was made using the English Paper Piecing technique.
This pattern doesn’t explain the technique (there are not instructions on how to baste the fabric to the paper templates or how to whip stitch the pieces together). It assumes that you know this technique.
If you don’t know this technique and want to learn it, there are many free tutorials on Internet. You can search the terms “English Paper Piecing Tutorial” on Google.
Quick and easy quilt!
Print the pattern (on regular paper), cut out the templates and start stitching.
An easy labeling system will help you keep the pieces in order
The flower sphere is made out of 199 pieces.
Hand pieced and quick? YES!
The quilt top is hand stitched, still this is a quick project; I pieced it in less than 5 days.
Example of machine quilting
I quilted feathers on my flowers; I followed this free tutorial on my blog.
FREE with the purchase of this pattern
– a more simple design that contains only 121 pieces, it’s a faster version of the pattern above.
– full size pattern for a 25” sphere
–small pattern that can be enlarged to any size.
This pattern is included in the
3D Quilt Pattern Bundle.
Buy the bundle on deep discount below.
Instant download! This pattern is offered in PDF format only.
In order to be able to view and print “pdf” patterns you need Adobe Reader. This is a free software that you can get here.
This is an electronic pattern, you will download it after you made the payment — there is no shipping cost and no need to wait for delivery.
You will be emailed a receipt for this transaction and a link to download your pattern. Please check your SPAM folder, too.
Home sewers may sell handmade items made with this pattern; please give credit to Geta Grama for the pattern.
Mass production is strictly prohibited.
Payment via Paypal
PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant.
Due to the digital nature of these patterns, all the sales are final!
There are no reviews yet.