The piecing needed a few tricks because of the bulky seams but the only step that bored me was pressing the blocks.
As you can imagine, more fabric is needed for the 3D pinwheels but I think it is worth it.
I did not plan ahead to make it so that I had to use only fabric from my stash. I can’t say this is the look I wanted, but I hope someday I will make another version with the exact fabrics I want.
The entire design was dictated by the amount of white fabric I had (only 3.5 yds).
The quilting – quick and easy, I couldn’t afford to spend more than 8 hours for this.
I let the space under the pinwheels un-quilted and this makes the pinwheels pop even more.
For the pinwheels, I used squares that are 0.5” smaller than the background squares.
They are easy to make, I don’t have pictures to show you, but you can search on Google if you want to learn how to make them.