Optical illusion 3D Applique Quilt Pattern
– simple technique plus an unique design for a striking quilt –
This optical illusion 3D applique quilt pattern includes:
- list of fabric requirements
- instructions for preparing the applique pieces
- instructions for assembling the center design
- suggestions for quilting
- instruction for washing and finishing the quilt
- full size pattern for a 26” center design
- small pattern that can be enlarged to any size.
In spite of the complicated look, it is a quick and easy quilt pattern.
Quilt size: 34”’ x 34” (85 x 85 cm)
Center Design: 26” diameter (65 cm)
Quick and Easy Technique
Print the pattern on paper, transfer the design on the top fabric, prepare the applique pieces then fuse them in place. A finished top in a few hours!
This quilt is machine free motion quilted with a free motion (darning) foot and feed dogs down. I followed this free tutorial on my blog.
The pattern includes two additional designs:
Design #2: 20” diameter – 16 blocks
Design #3: 14” diameter – 9 blocks