Tote bag pattern for an elegant bag
Use this tote bag pattern and sew roomy bags with deep front pockets
Easy Pattern to Sew – detailed instructions + lots of photos
Elegant Bag – simple shape + beautiful fabric
Danielle tote bag pattern ( fabric used is from the Breeze collection by Rosemarie Lavin Design for Windham Fabrics)
– 14½”wide at bottom; 12½” wide at top; 13½” tall (without straps); 26” tall (with straps); 3½” deep –
Roomy body for daily essentials
Lots of pockets will help you organizing your stuff neatly:
deep front pocket
zippered exterior pocket on the back of the bag
two interior pockets.
Materials list (based on using 44” (110 cm) wide fabrics )
- 1 fat quarter 18” x 22” for the front pocket/panel.
- 1 yard fabric for the rest of the bag; this fabric should contrast with the main fabric;
- 1 yard fabric for lining and pockets;
- 1½ yard (20” wide) heavyweight interfacing;
- 2 yards lightweight fusible interfacing( 20” wide).
- batting or fusible fleece for straps – 5” x 28”
- 9/16″ (14mm) magnetic snap;
- 7″ (18 cm) zipper (or longer);
- jeans/denim needle (100/16);
- coordinating threads.
Have Fun Coordinating Fabrics!
These are the large and mini bags.
Large tote bag
18½” wide at bottom; 18½ ” wide at top; 14” tall (without straps); 5” deep
– 8½” wide at bottom; 7½”” wide at top; 8½” tall (without straps); 2½” deep –
The PERFECT gift for little girls!
Quilted mini bags
– quilt the fabric on fluffy polyester batting for a lightweight and soft mini bag-
Make a rainbow!
It’s easy to print the pattern at a reduced size and sew bags in any size you need!
This pattern is offered in PDF format only.
In order to be able to view and print “pdf” patterns you need Adobe Reader. This is a free software that you can get here.
This is an electronic pattern, you will download it after you made the payment — there is no shipping cost and no need to wait for delivery.
Home sewers may sell handmade items made with this pattern; please give credit to Geta Grama for the pattern.
Mass production is strictly prohibited.
Payment via Paypal
PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction. Within 24 hours (usually less) after I received the payment I will email you the instructions on how to access your patterns.
Due to the digital nature of these patterns, all the sales are final!